Welcome to the
Board of Education
Reform Framework - Five Year Goals
Student Enrollment Goals | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- DPS total enrollment will grow 500 students a year to a total exceeding 77,000 in 2012, from ECE-12, including charter school students.
- By 2013, 84% of children in DPS will re-enroll in district schools the following year, excluding students graduating out of the district.
School Readiness Goal | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- By 2013, full-day Kindergarten will be available to 100% of parents who choose to enroll their student in a full-day program.
- An additional 3.5% of 3rd Grade students will become proficient on CSAP in reading or Lectura each year for the next five years. The five-year target is an overall district proficiency rate of 68.4% in 2013.
School Success Goal | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- The number of schools scoring above 50% of possible points on SPF will grow by 3.5% annually.
Student Growth Goal | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- The percentage of students scoring above the state median percentile on CSAP, thereby demonstrating above-average performance, will grow by 2.0% each year.
- The performance gap between Asian / Caucasian students and African-American and Hispanic students scoring Proficient & above on CSAP will decrease by 3.5% annually, closing the achievement gap.
Student Performance Goals | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- On average, the proficiency rate for grade level cohorts will increase 3.5% in reading, writing, and math over each year.
- On average, the percentage of students scoring unsatisfactory will decrease by 3.5% in reading, writing, and math each year.
- 3.5% of grade level English language learners will become proficient or better on the CELA Overall rating each year.
Postsecondary Readiness Goals | Graph [pdf] | Spanish
- The number of DPS students taking AP classes each year will grow by 3.5%, the number taking the AP test will grow each year by 3.5% and the number of students who take the test and who receive 3, 4 or 5 will increase by 3.5% per year.
- The number of students scoring 20 or better on the ACT will grow by 3.5% students per year by 2013.
- The graduation rate for DPS students will increase by 5% per year to reach 82% in 2012 (base of 52% for 06-07).
- The dropout rate for DPS students will decrease by 1.0% per year to be 4.4% by 2012.
- College enrollment rates will grow by 3.5% each year to 63% in 2013.